House of the Albrecht family
The Albrecht House is the seat of an independent cultural center in the heart of Bratislava. It is located on Kapitulská street no. 1 in the city monument reserve, in the oldest part of the historic city center. It was originally the home of one of the canons of the Bratislava Chapter, the so-called canonical benefit. On the east side it is adjacent to the former convent of the Poor Clares, on the west side it is separated from Kapitulská Street by a high street wall rebuilt in the 19th century. century. The Albrecht family has lived in the house since 1945: Alexander Albrecht (1885-1958) – composer, teacher of the Municipal Music School, conductor and director of the Church Music Association at the Dome of St. Martina, his wife Margaréta rod. Fischer (1887-1985) – language teacher and son Ján (Hansi) Albrecht (1919-1996) – music teacher, violist, esthetician, editor, founder of the early music movement in Slovakia and the ensemble Musica aeterna (1973).
In 2010, we founded the civic association ALBRECHT FORUM and we are renovating and revitalizing the house with the help of many sympathizers. Following the tradition of long-term artistic meetings at the Albechts, we are working to create a center in which classical music, literature, fine arts, theater, film, philosophy, art sciences and other social sciences will find a permanent place – simply a passion for art and knowledge. The center will consist of a garden with a stage and auditorium, a cafe, a multifunctional hall for chamber events, memorial rooms of the Albrecht family and the Church Music Association for the Cathedral of St. Martin and the administrative premises of the administration center with coworking.
That's how it was
Novinky do Vášho e-mailu
V prípade záujmu o aktuálne informácie o činnosti nášho združenia Vám radi zašleme najčerstvejšie správy na Váš e-mail.
ALBRECHT FORUM Shop
Sale of items for public collection