The Albrecht House is the seat of an independent cultural center in the heart of Bratislava. It is located on Kapitulská street no. 1 in the city monument reserve, in the oldest part of the historic city center. It was originally the home of one of the canons of the Bratislava Chapter, the so-called canonical benefit. On the east side it is adjacent to the former convent of the Poor Clares, on the west side it is separated from Kapitulská Street by a high street wall rebuilt in the 19th century. The Albrecht family lived in the house from 1945 to 2003: Alexander Albrecht (1885-1958) – composer, teacher of the Municipal Music School, conductor and director of the Church Music Society at the Dome of St. Martin, his spouse Margaréta née Fischer (1887-1985) – language teacher and their son Ján (Hansi) Albrecht (1919-1996) – music teacher, violist, esthetician, editor, and founder of the early music movement in Slovakia and the ensemble Musica aeterna (1973).
In 2010, we founded the civic association ALBRECHT FORUM and we have been renovating and revitalizing the house since then with the help of many sympathizers. Following the tradition of long-term artistic meetings at the Albechts, we are working on creating a center in which classical music, literature, fine arts, theater, film, philosophy, art sciences, and other social sciences will find their permanent home – simply a passion for art and knowledge. The center will consist of a garden with a stage and auditorium, a cafe, a multifunctional hall for chamber events, memorial rooms of the Albrecht family, and the Church Music Society for the Cathedral of St. Martin and administrative premises of ALBRECHT FORUM center with coworking.
That's how it was
Novinky do Vášho e-mailu
V prípade záujmu o aktuálne informácie o činnosti nášho združenia Vám radi zašleme najčerstvejšie správy na Váš e-mail.
ALBRECHT FORUM Shop
Sale of items for public collection